When I first thought about starting a blog, my rational mind instantly rejected the idea. After all, blogs have been around for years now and you can find a blog about literally anything. What could I contribute to the blogosphere?
What did I have to say that hadn’t already been said? But you know what. I realized something back then. I realized I do have something to add to all the noise. There are things I’ve discovered in my life that would be new to you and that could even help you. The fact of the matter is that there is no one else on the planet that has seen the world through my lens. And the same goes for you.
We all have our own perspective. We all have truths we have discovered in our lives that can help others find direction and purpose in theirs.
Sharing my unique perspective to help others was the original purpose of this blog and I want to get back to that.
Over these next two blog posts I will share a few simple truths I have discovered so far in my life. Call them motivational. Call them crazy. Call them what you want. But these are the things I know for sure and with these truths I have been able to find a direction to my life.
I hope that with these two posts I can provide a glimpse into the lens from which I see the world and perhaps inspire some small change in your life. Enjoy.
14 Truths for Mindful Twenty Somethings:
- You will find out what really matters to you if you can create space away from the things that don’t matter at all.
- Write down your thoughts and they will slowly start to become your reality.
- Spending extended periods of time alone will elevate your minds to new, undiscovered places.
- You can carve out a place in this world for your idea. It just takes action, execution and perseverance.
- Failure will teach you lessons that never trying cannot.
- Surround yourself with people that believe in you and your ideas and block out those who don’t. They don’t matter.
- Immersing yourself in a new group or culture will open you up to a world of knowledge and expedite your growth.
- You can become anything you want to be. You just need to start doing whatever it is you want to become. I was not a blogger until I started blogging. I was not a traveler until I started traveling. My Dad was not a poet until he wrote his first poem.
- You need to lean into your problems. Attack them. Don’t run from them.
- If something doesn’t go your way just flush it. It’s over. Live in the moment.
- When in doubt be you, the real you. People will respond to that. Don’t put on a mask.
- You can achieve your dreams. If you have the courage, you can manifest them or you can die trying.
- You need to start thinking: What do I want my legacy on this earth to be? What mark do I want to leave? How do I want people to remember me? By doing this, you will find your life direction.
- Never give up and you will find a way to succeed. Let me say that again: Never give up and you will find a way to succeed.
- Bonus Quote: “The most successful people lead the most uncomfortable lives.” – Tim Ferriss
That concludes Part 1. and you can find part 2 HERE. Let me know… which principles do you agree with? Also, please share any truths or principles that you’ve discovered in your own life. I’d love to hear your perspective!
Ready to create your dream life?
Grab our FREE PDF on 5 Daily Habits to help you unlock your purpose and achieve your dreams. You'll also get access to our community newsletter, Fired Up Friday!